During WWII, the legendary Studebaker US6, became the symbol of the American Lend-Lease program. This excellent vehicle was developed by the famous Studebaker company from an order placed by the US Government. The first mass produced US6 left the production line in June 1941. The Studebaker US6 was not used as the standard US Army truck, and so the Allies became its main users. Most of the US6s were delivered to The Soviet Union. In the Red Army, Studebakers were used not only for carrying loads, transporting troops, and as gun tractors, but they were also the base for a variety of different installations, such as various multiple launch rocket systems. In the USSR the US6, nicknamed “Studer”, proved extremely popular due to its reliability and excellent cross country performance.